Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's Resolution

Starting my year with a twist. My resolution for this year is to try something new, like get myself into what they call workout (regular exercise). I don't do exercise because I don't think I need it. I always thought that since I'm skinny, I don't need it. To tell you honestly, I eat a lot. I love eating in between meals. My officemate once told me that if she eats with me, she's the only one who's gaining more weight. She always tease me that nobody wants to join my eating session anymore (boo!How lonely will I be..eating alone!). I know you know how fun it is to eat with someone. You'll never be bored. So what I'm thinking right now is to try some routines at home (not bad ei?). I'm afraid to go to the gym, why?, because my cousin before enrolled to one of the gym's here in Cebu and due to some unknown reason, he vomitted (yeah, inside the gym.. crazy right?) while doing the routine. Maybe he was stressed out or something. Enough f that experience and let's get back to reality, I wanted to get a firmer muscles, especially my arms and abs (yeah baby!). Most of us women really want to get those abs and don't even ask why (kidding!), because...because...because...of course to look healthy and SEXY! 

Photos from (left) perezhilton.com and (right) socialvixen.com

I want those abs of Audrina Patridge!!! With that being said, while surfing the net, I actually found some of her routines from Shape.com. Check them out.

  • Warm-up: Shadowboxing or Jump Rope


Photos from (left) shape.com and (right) health.com
How it works: Shadowbox (this uses a combo of punches and kicks) for two or three times a week or jump rope for 3 minutes. Then do 1 set of 20 repeats of each move in order without resting.You can try repeating the routine once or twice.

What you need: Nothing! A mat and jump rope are optional.


  • Step 1: Cat Raise






How it works: Get in plank position on forearms, elbows under shoulders, with hands in fists and palms facing each other; pull abs in tight. (picture A)

Lift hips straight up. Hold for 2 counts, then return to starting position and repeat. (picture B)











  • Step 2: Cross-Legged Lift








How it works: Lie faceup with legs extended over hips and arms at your sides, palms on ground. Bend right knee, crossing right foot over left thigh. Keeping left leg straight, use your abs to lift hips off the ground. (picture A)

Lower hips, then take legs down to 45 degrees off ground (picture B). Raise them to starting position and repeat entire move. Switch sides (crossing left leg over right) halfway through set.







  • Step 3: Compound Crunch






How it works: Lie faceup with hands behind head, elbows out to sides and legs extended on the ground. Lift head and shoulder blades as you pull knees toward chest. (picture A)

Lower head and shoulder blades as you slowly extend legs 45 degrees off ground, keeping abs super-tight; repeat. (picture B)











  • Step 4: Offset Bridge







How it works: Lie faceup with right knee bent, foot on the ground, and left leg extended over hip. Extend arms at sides, palms on ground. (picture A)

Push through right heel as you lift hips until body is aligned from shoulders to right knee. Lower hips until they nearly touch the ground, then repeat. Switch sides to complete set. (picture B)









Easy??? Looks easy on the pictures. Believe me or not, I did try her routines (2 repeats each) and I can feel that they're hitting my abdomen muscles pretty well. I heard muscle pain is COMING SOON! :( I hope I can commit to this EXERCISE thingie (cross-fingers!). 

It's never too late to start your year being healthy! Start your regular exercise NOW! 




No comments:

Post a Comment